As we are increasing our investments in innovation and technology development for algorithms to drive various types of actuators (VCM motors, LRA, ...), we have an opportunity for a creative, passionate and hands-on algorithm developer with a solid background in control systems.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Algorithm Designer who is experienced in algorithm development from concept to application based out of our Leuven office.
You are an innovator and will (responsibilities):
• Create: Bring new audio and haptic quality in the world's best products! Extend our portfolio with new features and applications. As a member of a multidisciplinary research and development team, you will contribute to creating the next-generation solutions for audio or haptic products.
•Productize: Bring new ideas to life. Implement innovative concepts by maturing and productizing features or systems in close cooperation with your colleagues.
• Evaluate: Make the right choices. Determine the best ideas based on your technical insight and refine the selected solutions into beyond-state-of-the art algorithms: robust, user friendly, and ready for product development.
• Collaborate: Make sure your colleagues make the most of our new features. Mentor the less experienced colleagues in the team. Contribute to the technical couching of application engineering teams.
• Improve: Strive for excellence. Identify improvement points and apply them to the existing systems, algorithms, or the way we work.
You have (requirements experience):
• DSP: You have a good knowledge of digital signal processing in theory and practice. You can recognize practical implementation limitations in the algorithm design context. Experience with a fixed-point arithmetic is a strong asset.
• Algorithm design: You are talented and experienced in algorithm development, from concept to application. You can apply and overcome practical system constraints in the design approach.
• Programming: You are skilled in Matlab & Python, (Simulink nice to have). You can design and review C code, guiding the porting teams, and making the right implementation choices through a detailed understanding of the algorithm. Other programming or scripting languages are an asset (Pearl, bash, DSP-specific C or assembly).
• Testing: You are familiar with the SW development and testing concepts and can make use of existing code and algorithm validation tools and frameworks (SVN, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA). Audio and HW testing equipment (Head Acoustics, Audio Precision) knowledge is an asset.
• Education: You have Masters or PhD in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Experience: You have a solid experience (5+ years) in algorithm development, either in a research or an industry environment.
• Versatility: You are a fast learner, easily getting familiar with existing solutions as well as
• curious to experiment and explore completely new technologies and applications.
• Enthusiasm: You represent a creative, passionate working attitude and an agile mindset. You are open-minded.
• Communication: You are an excellent team player, working and communicating well in an international environment with different cultures and backgrounds.
• Reliability: You focus on high quality results, able to drive activities to closure by making pragmatic choices.
You are (personality traits):
• An open-minded, curious fast learner who likes to experiment, pioneer, and explore new technologies and applications.
• An excellent team player able to communicate effectively within an international culturally diverse environment
• Driven and focused on high quality results, able to drive activities to closure by making pragmatic choices.
Who are we:
• Our core values are Dedication, Teamwork, Innovation and Performance.
• A growing multi-cultural team
• Embracing diversity in an international environment with different cultural backgrounds completing each other.
• Curious, passionate, and always eager to improve the user experience.
• Focused on high quality input and continuous learning.
• Cooperating and collaborating with European Universities.
• Enjoying working together in our office environment.
• Enriching your life through innovation.
• Stimulating technical environment with all the necessary equipment.
• Competitive remuneration (salary, pension, group and health insurance, meal/eco vouchers, bonus).
• Good work-life balance (holidays, extra holidays, fresh fruit, good coffee, flexible working hours, …).
• Ownership and an informal company structure.
YOU, to be a part of our enthusiastic team that continuously works on the cutting-edge technologies!
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Every year Goodix sponsors a domestic or international trip, which provides employees with an excellent opportunity to explore the world together, build bonds and inspire each other.
Open WeChat, use "Scan" to follow.×