Goodix Technology (603160.SH) is an integrated solution provider for applications based on IC design and software development offering industry-leading software and hardware semiconductor solutions for smart devices, IoT applications, and automotive electronics. Goodix serves hundreds of millions of global consumers with quality products and solutions via renowned brands including Huawei, OPPO, vivo, Xiaomi, Samsung, Google, Amazon, Dell, HP, LG, OnePlus, Nokia, ASUS, etc., and is recognized as a leading IC design and solution provider that empowers a connected, intelligent world.
Standing among the global semiconductor industrial revolution with a solid foundation built upon the achievements and successes in human-interface and biometric authentication, Goodix will continue its dedication in research and development, striving to establish the comprehensive IC design blueprint for smart devices, IoT applications, and automotive electronics, aiming to become a world-leading comprehensive IC design company and innovative technology team that delivers continuous surprises to global customers and consumers, offers long-term and differentiating values to the industry and the society, and provides excellent career development opportunities for Goodix’s global talents.
- Founded as an IC design house to develop multifunctional telephone chips
- Became a leading provider of battery-free multi-functional landline telephone solutions and partnered with domestic top-tier telephone manufacturers
- Achieved large-volume shipments of capacitive touch key controllers
- The first domestic IC designer to mass produce the world’s leading 10 points capacitive touch controller
- Acquired investment from MTK
- Became a world’s leading touch control solution provider and served top-tier mobile brand customers
- Unveiled world-leading single-layer multi-touch capacitive touch-screen controller
- Initiated R&D of capacitive fingerprint sensor solutions for mobile devices
- World’s first implementation of near field communication technology - Goodix Link™ through touch panels
- First to mass produce front-mounted fingerprint sensors for Android devices
- Launched world’s first IFS™ - fingerprint sensor and touch panel integrated solution
- Established R&D center in San Diego, USA
- World’s first to launch glass-covered fingerprint sensor, successfully applying to mass market mobile brands
- Listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (603160.SH);
- Developed and mass produced the world’s first Live Finger Detection™ technology for mobile devices
- Received two CES 2016 Innovation Awards
- Established technical support center in Seoul, South Korea
- Launched the world’s first optical IN-DISPLAY FINGERPRINT SENSOR™ and became the largest biometric authentication solution provider for Android devices
- Received CES 2017 Best of Innovation Awards, 2017 Gold Edison Awards, and 2017 COMPUTEX d&i awards
- Established R&D center in Irvine, USA
- Optical IN-DISPLAY FINGERPRINT SENSOR™ achieved wide-range commercialization
- Entry into the NB-IoT market with acquisition of CommSolid
- Achieved large-scale commercialization of the world’s first AMOLED touch control solution that supports active stylus
- Achieved large-scale commercialization of high-performance, low-power heart rate detection sensors, and entered the smart wearable market
- Named the champion of CHES2018-CTF (Conference on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems 2018-Capture the Flag)
- Released the comprehensive IoT platform strategy of "Sensor + MCU + Security + Connectivity" at MWC19
- Introduced and commercialized world’s first ultra-thin optical IN-DISPLAY FINGERPRINT SENSOR™
- World’s first to launch and mass produce ultra narrow side-key capacitive fingerprint sensor
- Commercialized Goodix’s innovative smart lock solution of Live Finger Detection™ + secure MCU
- Automotive touch controller achieved large-scale commercialization on mainstream automotive brands
- Released and commercialized the world’s first capacitive 2-in-1 solution of in-ear detection and touch control
- Released high-performance BLE SoC (System-on-Chip) at Bluetooth Asia 2019
- Received Global Mobile Awards 2019, and GSA 2019 Awards for Best Financially Managed Semiconductor Company
- Established R&D centers in Austin, USA and Cairo, Egypt
- Expanded footprint in audio markets with the acquisition of NXP’s Voice and Audio solutions, and set up R&D centers in Nijmegen (Netherlands), Leuven (Belgium), Nice (France), and Bangalore (India).
- Completed acquisition of Dream Chip Technologies GmbH (DCT) - the industry’s top-tier SoC design company, to accelerate the innovation strategy in the fields of automotive electronics and image signal processing
- Widely commercialized a series of health sensors with the world-leading performance in detecting heart rate, blood oxygen, and ECG
- Achieved large-scale commercialization of BLE solutions in smart devices, including smart watch / band, active stylus, etc.
- Achieved the first commercialization of innovative automotive fingerprint solution for the smart cockpit
- Achieved the first commercialization of high-performance ANC codec on flagship TWS headset of a top smart device brand
- Received two 2020 Edison Awards
- Goodix Building (Chengdu) opened, and Shenzhen Headquarters R&D Building (Global Intelligent Chip Innovation Center) broke ground
- Established R&D center in Tokyo, Japan
- Achieved large-scale commercialization of health sensor series on renowned smart wearable brands
- BLE solutions achieved large-scale commercialization in diversified market segments, such as electronic shelf label(ESL), smart peripherals, etc.
- Released the new generation VersaSensor that has been widely appliedin smart wearable devices, including TWS earphone, smart watches / glasses, etc.
- Commercialized the first generation high-precision and low-power in-display light sensor on a well-known smartphone brand
- Launched the first generation NB-IoT SoC single-chip solution and commercialized in the projects of smart water / gas meter customers.
Revenue in 2020
R&D Investment Ratio (%)