GOODiX Multi Media Solutions (MMS) in Leuven, Belgium focuses on digital signal processing and AI for the Mobile, Wearables, Automotive, and IoT space. We deliver key software components for speech & audio enhancement, speech/speaker recognition, speaker protection and optimization, control of lenses in camera modules, haptic feedback, and many more. Our engineering team is involved in all development phases from research, in cooperation with universities, advanced development to product development. We are also supporting customers and regional teams with the integration of the audio products in devices, platforms and frameworks.
As we are increasing our investments in innovation and technology development for algorithms to drive various types of actuators (Speakers, VCM motors, LRA, ...), we have an opportunity for a creative, passionate and hands-on senior researcher with a solid background in audio.
We are looking for an Innovative Senior Researcher with an expertise in Transducer Modelling and Control Systems, based in our Leuven office.
The Senior Researcher will act in a role of a technical pioneer and take the leadership to find and propose new multidisciplinary innovation tracks, extending Goodix portfolio with strong, innovative products, meeting the 'un-met' customer needs.
• Propose and explore new multidisciplinary innovation tracks. You will work with open problem statements, based on your own ideas or by refining ones of others. You will lead them from a high level idea towards a conclusive proof-of-concept. You will make use of our strengths found in the existing portfolio and translate them to new innovative products.
• Research and explore your innovative concepts by fast prototyping features or systems. You will drive the new technology pillars as a technical expert, promoting the new ideas to the internal and external customers.
• Scout for new technologies through close follow-up of research publications and conferences, and guiding PhD projects.
• Determine the best ideas based on your technical insight and mentor the development teams to refine these selected solutions into beyond-state-of-the art algorithms: robust, user friendly, and ready for product development.
• A profound algorithm design knowledge, in theory and practice, which you are able to share at ease with others. You can lead the technology from an abstract concept to a hands-on application with 5+ years track record in a research or an industry environment.
A strong experience in modelling and designing real-time control systems based on new and existing classes of transducers, use-cases, or systems.
• Ability to structure, execute, and analyze various physical measurements, translating them into applicable models (using e.g. Klippel, AudioPrecision, HeadAcoustics).
• Strong programming skills in Matlab & Python (Simulink nice to have).
Strong problem-solving skills: mathematical, physical, numerical.
• Experience with software development tools and concepts, making use of existing code and algorithm validation tools and frameworks (SVN, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA).
• A hands-on affinity to use new prototyping platforms such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino.
• Masters or PhD in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• An open-minded, curious fast learner with strong passion to experiment, pioneer, and explore new technologies and applications.
• Self-driven, contagiously enthusiastic, able to inspire others.
• An excellent team player with outstanding communication skills and technical coaching experience.
• Focused on high quality results, able to drive activities to closure by making pragmatic choices.
Who are we:
• Our core values are Dedication, Teamwork, Innovation and Performance.
• A growing multi-cultural team
• Embracing diversity in an international environment with different cultural backgrounds completing each other.
• Curious, passionate, and always eager to improve the user experience.
• Focused on high quality input and continuous learning.
• Cooperating and collaborating with European Universities.
• Enjoying working together in our office environment.
• Enriching your life through innovation.
• Stimulating technical environment with all the necessary equipment.
• Competitive remuneration (salary, pension, group and health insurance, meal/eco vouchers, bonus).
• Good work-life balance (holidays, extra holidays, fresh fruit, good coffee, flexible working hours, …).
• Ownership and an informal company structure.
YOU, to be a part of our enthusiastic team that continuously works on the cutting-edge technologies!
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Every year Goodix sponsors a domestic or international trip, which provides employees with an excellent opportunity to explore the world together, build bonds and inspire each other.
Open WeChat, use "Scan" to follow.×