Goodix Multimedia Solutions (MMS) is developing innovative hardware and software products that directly improve the user experience in mobile phones, tablets, mobile accessories, computing devices, and in the car environment. Our team in Belgium, is working with Tier 1 product vendors like Samsung, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, Vivo, … to launch the next revolution in human-machine interfacing. We deliver key software components for speech & audio enhancement, speech/speaker recognition, speaker protection and optimization, and haptic feedback, and many more. Our engineering team is involved in all development phases from research, in cooperation with universities, advanced development to product development. We are also supporting customers and regional teams with the integration of the audio products in devices, platforms and frameworks. Next to Belgium we have development teams in The Netherlands, France, India, Korea, and China.
As we are increasing our investments in innovation and technology development for algorithms to drive various types of actuators (VCM motors, LRA, ...), we have an opportunity for a creative, passionate and hands-on algorithm developer with a solid background in control systems.
We are looking for a customer focused and passionate software developer for digital audio signal processing products based in our Leuven office.
• (co-)develop, optimize and implement the algorithms for various products, such as audio enhancements algorithms for IoT, Automotive; or protection algorithms for GOODiX smart amplifiers to drive micro-speakers and other transducers.
• You will be responsible for the productization of our algorithms, which includes fixed point design, definition and execution of tests and documentation of the product.
• You take care that the implementation of our algorithms is lean, modular, easy to test and easy to maintain.
• You will help to explore different solutions by fast prototyping features or concepts, and refine the selected solution into a beyond-state-of-the art algorithm that is robust and user friendly, and ready for product development.
• You will interact with customers and customer support teams to represent our technology expertise and collect customer needs and requirements as input for algorithm development.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree plus minimum 5 years of experience in software design with consistent track record of results.
• Thorough knowledge and experience in digital signal processing.
• Experience fixed point C coding.
• Experience with algorithm development in the signal processing domain, either from research or from industry.
• Experience with algorithm design in Matlab, and secondarily in Python.
• Affinity with software development and testing and understanding the requirements for software product development
• A creative and passionate working attitude with an agile mindset.
• Communicative team player working in an international environment with different cultures
• The ability to drive activities to closure, including proper communication in the organization.
• The willingness to travel to Asia and US to meet with customers and local teams as needed.
• An open-minded, curious fast learner who likes to experiment, pioneer, and explore new technologies and applications.
• An excellent team player able to communicate effectively within an international culturally diverse environment.
• Driven and focused on high quality results, able to drive activities to closure by making pragmatic choices.
• A growing multi-cultural team.
• Embracing diversity in an international environment with different cultural backgrounds completing each other.
• Curious, passionate, and always eager to improve the user experience.
• Focused on high quality input and continuous learning.
• Cooperating and collaborating with European Universities.
• Enjoying working together in our office environment.
• Enriching your life through innovation.
• Stimulating technical environment with all the necessary equipment.
• Competitive remuneration (salary, pension, group and health insurance, meal/eco vouchers, bonus).
• Good work-life balance (holidays, extra holidays, fresh fruit, good coffee, flexible working hours, …).
• Ownership and an informal company structure.
YOU, to be a part of our enthusiastic team that continuously works on the cutting-edge technologies!
Send us your CV and cover letter!