Goodix Multimedia Solutions (MMS) is developing innovative hardware and software products that directly improve the user experience in mobile phones, tablets, mobile accessories, computing devices, and in the car environment. Our team in Belgium, is working with Tier 1 product vendors like Samsung, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, LG, Vivo, … to launch the next revolution in human-machine interfacing. Next to Belgium we have development teams in The Netherlands, France, India, Korea, and China.
As we are increasing our investments in innovation and technology development for algorithms to drive various types of actuators (micro speakers, VCM motors, LRAs, ...), we have an opportunity based in our Leuven office for a creative, passionate, and hands-on Software Developer with a background in control systems.
• Take ownership of a SW productionization flow in an R&D team: maintain and expand the functional test bench portfolio for a multidisciplinary product evaluation with automated tests.
• Ensure the reliability and scalability of the prototyping (Matlab, Simulink, Python), advanced development (Fixed Point C, Simulink, Python), and product validation (Fixed Point C, Python) environments.
• Take care that the implementation of our algorithms is lean, modular, easy to test and easy to maintain as a firmware that will control our GOODiX amplifiers to drive and control actuators such as VCM motors, piezo motors, or SMA drivers for lens control in camera modules.
• Understand the existing and propose new SW-HW interactions, architecture, and specify and implement new or enhance existing test metrics, scenarios, and strategy based on your knowledge, product requirements, and interaction with Algorithm Designers.
• Interact with customers and customer support teams to represent our technology expertise and learn about customer needs and requirements as input for algorithm development.
• Contribute to the code quality, functional robustness, and configuration management agreements, cooperating with SW and system architects and technical team leaders among the teams in our department.
• A Masters or Bachelors degree (plus experience) in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or a related discipline.
• Affinity with software development, efficient testing, and understanding the requirements for software product development.
• Hands-on experience in performing and automating experiments and prototyping with real-time systems (e.g. SpeedGoat).
• Solid experience with code versioning systems, especially GIT.
• Sufficient experience to analyze and understand algorithm designs in Matlab and Python, Simulink as a strong asset.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in digital signal processing, proven track record in control algorithms as an asset, either from research or from industry. We have positions for junior and senior engineers.
• Knowledge of Atlassian tools, including Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA as a an asset.
• Experience fixed point C coding, assembly programming are a nice to have.
• Knowledge of mobile device architectures and an interest to follow-up the latest trends as a nice to have.
• An open-minded, curious fast learner who likes to experiment, pioneer, and explore new technologies and applications.
• Able to challenge yourself and others to agree on a structured approach or take an alternative one when needed.
• An excellent team player able to communicate effectively within an international culturally diverse environment.
• Enthusiastic and focused on high quality results, able to drive activities to closure by making pragmatic choices and by clearly communicating in the organization.
• At ease sharing your know-how and guidelines to various audiences.
• A growing multi-cultural team of 40 enthusiastic engineers
• Embracing diversity in an international environment with different cultural backgrounds completing each other.
• Curious, passionate, and always eager to improve the user experience.
• Focused on high quality input and continuous learning.
• Cooperating and collaborating with European Universities.
• Enjoying working together in our office environment.
• Enriching your life through innovation.
• Stimulating technical environment with all the necessary equipment.
• Competitive remuneration (salary, pension, group and health insurance, meal/eco vouchers, bonuses).
• Good work-life balance (holidays, extra holidays, fresh fruit, good coffee, flexible working hours, …).
• Ownership and an informal company structure.
YOU, to be a part of our enthusiastic team that continuously works on the cutting-edge technologies!
Send us your CV and cover letter!