Goodix Multimedia Solutions (MMS) is developing innovative hardware and software products that directly improve the user experience in mobile phones, tablets, mobile accessories, computing devices, and in the car environment. Our team in Belgium, is working with Tier 1 product vendors like Samsung, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, Vivo, … to launch the next revolution in human-machine interfacing. We deliver key software components for speech & audio enhancement, speech/speaker recognition, speaker protection and optimization, and haptic feedback, and many more. Our engineering team is involved in all development phases from research, in cooperation with universities, advanced development to product development. We are also supporting customers and regional teams with the integration of the audio products in devices, platforms and frameworks. Next to Belgium we have development teams in The Netherlands, France, India, Korea, and China.
As we are increasing our investments in innovation and technology development for voice and audio, we have an opportunity based in our Leuven office for a creative, passionate, and hands-on Senior Speech and Audio Algorithm Engineer with a solid background in digital speech & audio signal processing and/or machine learning.
• As a member of and/or lead within the technology development team, you are creating the next generation speech & audio products of GOODiX Voice and Audio Solutions.
• You will explore and research different solutions by fast prototyping features or concepts, and refine the selected solution into a beyond-state-of-the art algorithm that is robust and user friendly, and ready for product development.
• Together with the team, you are also scouting for new technologies through close follow-up of research publications/conferences, guiding PhD projects, coaching product development and customer project teams where deep algorithm knowledge is required.
• You will also interact with customers to represent our technology expertise and learn about customer needs and requirements as input for algorithm development.
• Masters or PhD in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or related discipline
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in digital signal processing and/or machine learning
• Experience with algorithm design in Matlab/Python, and preferably with Deep Learning packages: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, or equivalent
• Affinity with software development and testing and understanding the requirements for software product development
• Creative, passionate working attitude and agile mindset.
• Communicative team player working in an international environment with different cultures
• Drive for high quality deliverables
• Able to drive activities to closure, including proper communication in the organization
• Prepared to travel to Asia and US to meet with customers.
• Passionated about signal processing and speech & audio. Ideally you have a solid experience (5 years or more) with algorithm development in the speech & audio/signal processing domain and/or AI, either from research or from industry.
• An open-minded, curious fast learner who likes to experiment, pioneer, and explore new technologies and applications.
• An excellent team player able to communicate effectively within an international culturally diverse environment
• Driven and focused on high quality results, able to drive activities to closure by making pragmatic choices.
• A growing multi-cultural team of 40 enthusiastic engineers
• Embracing diversity in an international environment with different cultural backgrounds completing each other.
• Curious, passionate, and always eager to improve the user experience.
• Focused on high quality input and continuous learning.
• Cooperating and collaborating with European Universities.
• Enjoying working together in our office environment.
• Enriching your life through innovation.
• Stimulating technical environment with all the necessary equipment.
• Competitive remuneration (salary, pension, group and health insurance, meal/eco vouchers, bonuses).
• Good work-life balance (holidays, extra holidays, fresh fruit, good coffee, flexible working hours, …).
• Ownership and an informal company structure.
YOU, to be a part of our enthusiastic team that continuously works on the cutting-edge technologies!
Send us your CV and cover letter!